Saturday, May 13, 2017

Cedar and Restore Art

I enjoy working with natural objects, creating art from them.  But I also like functional art--bird
feeders, benches, a trellis for the garden.  Here are some items I am working on!

 This is a walking stick I am making for myself, using    aboriginal dot art.  Each old bough scar becomes the center for an explosion of color, reminding me that "Every new beginning is the death of some old beginning."

 I have a fetish for clay pots, neat old wine glasses and mugs--so I decided to "indulge" the fascination at the local thrift stores and make my finds into vertical interest feeders and planters.  

 Here is the dot art again--this is a huge 20 lb stone for my front garden. I sealed it with a spray acrylic, high gloss.  It's beautiful in the sunshine.



 The colors didn't show, but you get the "picture".  I traced the wood borer lines in color of red and black and made this lovely hanging for the deck.  

 These bottles were all found in the dirt on the property.  I love the rust.  It makes a very gentle sound in the wind--not so "metallic" as most wind-chimes.

 This is a project I am really excited to begin--a $4 chair, a $5 chair and a $2 chair, used boards from the Restore in Alpena. It will all be painted one color, planters on each end and then painted cedar sticks rising behind, all rendered in blues and greens.  I'll post the finished picture.  :-)

So what is lying around your life that could become something new, giving "junk" a new beginning?





No comments:

Post a Comment