Friday, April 28, 2017

Pop Bottle Flowers


When I saw this on Pinterest, I had to give it a try.  They are really fun!  Between these and wanting to build a pop bottle green house, I've put out a call for plastic bottles.  :-)  They are beautiful in both the sun and the shade, which is a delight.  Simple acrylic paints, and I'll seal it if I put it outside. Each bottle has its own shape and nature, and laying one inside of another is a way to create more complex flowers.  

For instance, this form was a Smart Warter bottle; it helped me create long daisy like petals (the top of the bottle), with a complex center curving in (from the bottom of the bottle).  I'm going to paint it in purples.


I am thankful for all the creative folks out there that allow me to explore beauty and creativity in my own dining room. Thank you to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment