Thursday, August 13, 2015

Nothing grows in straight lines

Image result for public domain image of a small mouth bass

Today, I wish for you
A clear morning on the lake--
the waves wandering into ripples,
the fish hanging in the water,
their tails slow undulations
holding their space in motion.
Light bends through breeze-woven weeds,
while the music of the dam rises and falls,
Jazz cords of rock voice.

Yes, I know.
This day is pressed on all sides with memories

But remember--
Nothing grows in truly straight lines;
Nothing that speaks
can ever be perfectly still--
the rain-scented wind carved these words for me.

KB


1 comment:

  1. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. cotton yarn

    ReplyDelete