Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Different Kind of Heat


Image result for public domain image of a fan

Do you know
somehow
I lay beneath the trembling fan
feeling every one of these 92 degrees,
staring at the way the blinds ribbon the light
and thought about how you 
stand
in air conditioning and a tie
greeting the hot, the frustrated, the tired.

A different kind of heat,
and both go to the bone.

I want you to text me,
to say you heard me,
sometime
today 
but
it will have to be enough to send my mind's eye
to peek at the spread of your shoulders
and dream of cold and snuggling and venison stew
scenting the air.

1 comment:

  1. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site. cotton twill fabric

    ReplyDelete