Monday, December 22, 2014

Al-Muqsit: Twin Pillars

The raven lifts from the rutted dirt road,

purple-black against the dusting of snow,

his wings curved and curled
as he navigates his landing
on the bouncing jack pine bough.
I drive by in my father’s muddied Blazer,
craning to see him as I pass.
How easily he manages such things—
groundlessness,
a lack of straight lines,
and delightful disregard for gravity
for heights
for propriety 
as he stares at me, passing.
I have only these twin pillars of legs,
And practical though they may be,
I sometimes long for roots
That can leave the ground and dance
With wind currents and other
Unexpected and undeserved
Loftinesses.
KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at

http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god



No comments:

Post a Comment