Friday, December 26, 2014

Al-Mani': Protective Resistance


I struggle with a tyrannical not-enoughness,
with facing the truth that
limits can be blessings,
delayed travel, a time of rest,
rattled plans, chance to evaluate more carefully.
The whole world whispers GO! to me,
connector that I am,
but the occasional “no” I allow through
is most often an invitation,
a gesture of goodwill from things
liminal and ambiguous.
I will tell you a secret:
in the end,
even the firm NO
inevitably unveils  
a
more
faith-filled
YES.


KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at

http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god

No comments:

Post a Comment