Thursday, December 18, 2014

Al-Batin: Action Within


I watched the snow
wind-sidle sideways, curling
into the papery textures of lichen,
frosting it all silver.
Legs drawn beneath me,
head cocked to one side,
I laughed as a red-bellied woodpecker
swept into the green swing of the suet,
spinning it around.
“What are you doing?” my mother asked.
“Writing” I replied,
while a thousand lines a blink swirled by the window,
and a bird winked ink black eyes in amusement.


KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at

http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god

No comments:

Post a Comment