Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Al-Basir: Refreshed Sight


If I narrow my eyes a little
and 
release
how the Agate Pass echoed
trees and sky yesterday,
and in the mirroring,
hid its deeper secrets
beneath a breathless mask,
each blink I take 
can start seeing anew--
like today
how patches of rain
and little wind-stirred eddies
create an impression of patchy snowfall 
on a piece of smokey glass.
My prayer is simple:
constantly refresh my sight,
that I might be forever seeing Your face
and revel in that revealing.

KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at

http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god


No comments:

Post a Comment