Saturday, September 13, 2014

Al-Latif: Subtle Mystery





Countless pages I have turned,
millions of notes heard,
thousands of days with sun or rain and snow,
sliding over or slapping or tickling my skin--
But in that slippery moment before
I arch my fingers gently
to black and white keys,
I become, for a moment or a few passing centuries,
the missed snapshot when the out-breath
sighs out, dissipating like mist
to glide through hanging strands of moss.
I am the subtle way a forest can taste like dark chocolate,
or the sunset smell of orange sherbet,
or the aching space of a missing loved one,
blazing up brilliant and shining and suddenly
unassailable and timeless—
but with just enough smoke that I still let tears fall,
harmless and nourishing.
No, no need to name or explain the mystery here;
it is simply the subtle place of all Beginnings.

KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at

http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god





No comments:

Post a Comment