Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Al-Jame’: Gathering of Polished Stones




Gatherer,
what happens when I float
boneless in warm saltwater,
and simply stare into the circle of light.
My hands are open,
my chest wide,
and there is a trust here.
I resist righting myself,
sorting this gray rock
from that ruby,
and even though I know
the door will open soon,
and cold fall air
will waft this moment outward,
I don’t quite want to
weave myself in with others.
Sometimes in the This and/or That,
we miss this Everything,
and I have too often been a child
with too many voices
in her head.
Can I just trust
that beneath me,
beneath even this water holding me
You are cupping your hands,
the work of Gathering
already complete?


KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at

http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god

No comments:

Post a Comment