Monday, September 1, 2014

Al-Hadi: Most Direct Guidance





‘ala hudan’ I am carried,
no struggle here because
the Knowing is in my bones.
I have ridden before,
fall forests carpeted in royal red,
when the silence presses itself into
misty breath,
my white pony and I
rocking in the four beat rhythm
of his feet.

Such melodies lodge endlessly in the heart,
but two-legged, I forget sometimes.

May my forgetting presage the joyous returning,
the sweeping up some steep hill
the mane watering my eyes with rich lashes
of its own.

KBN

Find the entire poetry collection This Nurturing Awe:  Poems Inspired by the 99 Beautiful Names of God at


http://www.amazon.com/This-Nurturing-Awe-Inspired-Beautiful/dp/1507733429/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429536332&sr=8-1&keywords=this+nurturing+awe+poems+inspired+by+the+99+beautiful+names+of+god

No comments:

Post a Comment