Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Gospel of Thomas: Yeshua's Vedanta, Logion 108

Logion 108

 Yeshua says,

Whoever drinks
what flows
from my mouth
will come to be as I am
and I also will come
to be as they are,
so that what is hidden
may manifest.
 
                                 Translation:  Lynn Bauman in
The Gospel of Thomas: Wisdom of the Twin

  
The First Response:

Open my mouth,
a little bird beak,
catching dew,
the tongue anchored so
I might hear how those drops flow
down
outside coming in,
insides expanding,
the tissue between this and that
so very thin
a fledgling skin.
And if my eyes aren’t quite ready to open
have mercy.
And if I can only take smalls sips at a time
have mercy
And if I am slow to open glorious wings like You
have mercy.
Lord I already know
you are my prayer.
KBN

Journey through Logos:

There is a sensual tenderness here, living water flowing from Yeshua to us on his words and in his actions.  The flow is not one way, for as we are changed, so too is Yeshua.  That is the deeper nature of relationship, the oiled pocket door joining two hallways on the way to being one.  In that singleness, one cannot change without changing the other, because there is no “other.”  Alter the pattern, and it will echo through the whole design.  Who is savior?  Who is saved?  It’s always and forever a mutual becoming.
The rest is knowing that we are awakening, maturing into what we already are.  The rest is we don’t have to do it alone, because “alone” itself is the illusion.  The rest flows over us when we stand united with God, who is also awakening, maturing, creating, the action in non-action, the rauch of breath, the ongoing creation.
Ameyn.

Hokmah’s Symphonic Note:

“Curving back within myself I create again and again.”

--The Bhagavad Gita
“He who is rooted in oneness
realizes that I am
in every being; wherever
he goes, he remains in me.

When he sees all being as equal
in suffering or in joy
because they are like himself,
that man has grown perfect in yoga.” 

--The Bhagavad Gita
Practicing Unity:

What metaphors can you find in nature and science that support the idea that if you change one piece of the system the entire system itself changes?  How does this relate to this logion?  What does this say to you?


Hokmah’s Gnosis:


We enter into rest when we abide in the Becoming that is action in non-action, knowing that there, all paradoxes cease in the deepest unity of relationship.

You can find Kim's entire commentary on the Gospel of Thomas in Kindle, paperback and audio formats by clicking on this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Yeshuas-Yoga-Non-Dual-Consciousness-Teachings/dp/1500628611/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429719056&sr=8-1&keywords=yeshua%27s+yoga



No comments:

Post a Comment