Friday, April 18, 2014

Gospel of Thomas: Yeshua's Vedanta, Logion 64

Logion 64

Yeshua says,
A man was throwing a dinner party
and when everything
was prepared, he sent his
servant out to call the guests.

The servant went to the first and said,
“My master invites you.”
But he replied, “I have set aside some
funds for merchants who are coming this evening
and I will be placing orders.
I beg to be excused from dinner.”

So he went to the second and said,
“My master has invited you.”
But he said, “I have bought a house
which requires a day of my time.
I am too busy to come.”

He went to another and said to him,
“My master invites you now.”
He replied to the servant, “My friend is
getting married and I am to prepare the
wedding banquet.
I simply cannot come.
I beg to be excused.”

He went to another and said,
“My master calls you.”
In reply he said to the servant,
“I have just bought a farm
and am about to pay taxes.
I cannot come. Please excuse me.
I must be off.”

The servant returned to his master
and said, “The ones you invited to the
dinner have all excused themselves.”

The master said to the servant, “Then
go to outsiders and strangers on the
roads.  Find folk there and
bring there here to eat.
Those busy buying and selling
cannot get into my Father’s realm.

                                 Translation:  Lynn Bauman in
The Gospel of Thomas: Wisdom of the Twin


The First Response:


The servant said,
“My master invites you.
My master has invited you.
My master invites you now.
My master calls you.”
Not the public face,
not the market place you,
not the home owner,
the taxpayer,
the wedding planner—
the stranger and outsider
you keep close to your heart
and
who has the ears to heed
and hear.


KBN


Journey through Logos:

It might be easy to slip the hook here—be a little smug that you aren’t all about business, households, big life rituals and taxes.  But then, aren’t we all, at some level?  These are the places where we are most likely to wear our masks, where we can conveniently separate out the sacred from the secular.  When we make such a break in ourselves, the part of us that can hear the invitation to come to the lavish table will be cast in the role of the stranger and outsider to our “normal”, everyday consciousness.
The wonder of it is that both faces are being invited to partake in a different way of experiencing the world, all the time, in every moment.  This wisdom teacher demands, but gently in the form of invitation and call, we follow the lead of the intuitive selves, the one’s left outside of the “house” of the ego and who wander the roadways in our mind, itinerant as Yeshua himself in his embodied teaching. 
We cannot enter into relationship with the other until we enter into relationship with all the parts of ourselves.
Ameyn.

Hokmah’s Symphonic Note:


If a person is gifting away his elephant but his heart is set on the rope used for tying the elephant, of what use is his attachment to the rope when he is giving away the elephant itself.

-Ramayana 2:37:3

Whatever is one’s food, the same food shall be offered to one’s gods.

Ramayana 2:103:30

Practicing Unity:

Is there a particular part of your personality that you are more aware of at work?  In your home?  At social gatherings?  What is its purpose and when does it get in the way of listening to your more intuitive self?


Hokmah’s Gnosis:

We are filled with Wonder when we understand that all the parts of ourselves are being gently called to the Communion Table.

You can find Kim's entire commentary on the Gospel of Thomas in Kindle, paperback and audio formats by clicking on this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Yeshuas-Yoga-Non-Dual-Consciousness-Teachings/dp/1500628611/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429719056&sr=8-1&keywords=yeshua%27s+yoga





No comments:

Post a Comment