Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Lovely Poems from an Overseas Friend

Sanctuary

Shafts of light
Through cathedral windows.
Dappled shade
Upon the leaves
Beneath my feet.
Bird song
In the branches above.

In the distance
Hind and fawn
Cross the forest track.
The sweet fragrance of autumn
Fills the misty air.

A gentle breeze
Moving colours
To the forest floor.

So precious
Such beauty,

So hard to find
Such peaceful sanctuary.



Eternal Journey

As the crimson flame of life
Breaks slowly
Above the horizon,
The white, frosted meadows,
With trees and hedgerows
Of sculptured ice,
Speak loudly
Of your presence.

Once more
Upon this journey,
As another day begins,
Without effort
Or intrusion,
Through the peace
And tranquillity
Of your silent voice,
The moment becomes eternal,
And the journey
Begins again.



The Painter

With each stroke of the brush,
At each glance,
A new horizon
Is within my sight.

As the light from a clear sky,
Pierces the stream,
Then rises like a diamond,
And floats from my view,
I am captured
Upon the surface of the water.

As the canvas
Becomes more complete,
As more power,
More knowledge,
More understanding,
Continues to colour my world,
The painter shows a genius,
I can no longer ignore.

In these valleys and glens,
Beside rivers and streams,
Below snow capped mountains,
Where eagles caress the air,
I have walked with the wise man,
The master of serene beauty,
The musician of my soul,
Light
 Upon the canvas
Of life.



Love

We meet again.
The moment,
Kind and generous,
The beauty,
Peaceful and serene.

The spirit alive
In all that is
And not what could be.

And all of this
Born of love,
In a moment
That is timeless
And always
Enough.




Please feel free to share these poems and poems from my website at,

No comments:

Post a Comment